Saturday, March 3, 2012

Special Needs: IEP’s According to Dr. Seuss

Posted on by Heidi Kay


Thanks to Special Education Advisor.com for passing along this oldie but goodie that circulates the internet at this time of year!  Could the Cat in the Hat juggle IEPs like YOU can??

Image Credit:  The Cat in the Hat, by Dr. Seuss

IEP’s According to Dr. Seuss – by:  Author Unknown

 

 Do you like these IEPs?  I do not like these IEPs.  I do not like them, Jeeze Louise
 We test, we check we plan, we meet but nothing ever seems complete.
 Would you, could you like the form?
 I do not like the form I see.  Not page 1, not 2, not 3.  Another change, a brand new box, I think we all Have lost our rocks.
Could you all meet here or there?
We could not all meet here or there.  We cannot all fit anywhere.  Not in a room.  Not in a hall.  There seems to be no space at all.
Would you, could you meet again?
I cannot meet again next week.  No lunch, no prep.  Please here me speak.
 No, not at dusk and not at dawn.  At 4 p.m. I should be gone.
 Could you hear while all speak out?  Would you write the words they spout?
 I could not hear, I would not write.  This does not need to be a fight.  Sign here, date there, mark this, check that, beware the student’s ad-vo-cat(e).
You do not like them so you say
 Try it again! Try it again! and then you may.  If you let me be, I’ll try again and you will see.
 Say!
I almost like these IEPs.  I think I’ll write 6,003.  And I will practice day and night.  Until they say, “You’ve got it right.”

No comments:

ShareThis